In Malaysia, who would expect Mr. Bond would suddenly appear right in front of you and hand you a gift? Obviously, I didn't and never expect it to happen. I was totally in shocked and happy at the same time! Let me tell you more about the special gift that I received from Mr. Bond here!
The sexy Belvedere Vodka SPECTRE 007 Martini & Highball, a special gift hand-delivered by Mr. Bond himself. Belvedere Vodka was the first to create a new standard for excellence in the vodka category and is credited with creating the luxury vodka segment. Famous for his discernment in all things, James Bond is at his most assured when ordering and appreciating drinks. So insistent was Bond that his Belvedere vodka martini was to be "shaken not stirred" that the phrase itself entered the lexicon, and in 2005 was selected as one of the 100 famous lines in film. Since then the Belvedere vodka martini has been a continual reassuring presence in the Bond film series, but it shot to the forefront once again with Daniel Craig in Casino Royale.
MARTINI SERVED SHAKEN, OR SHOULD IT BE STIRRED?
The purists would argue for stirring; it chills the molecules in the vodka without bruising them and altering their original taste. With Belvedere, the dry vanilla notes are more accentuated.
Bond would argue that a vodka martini that isn’t shaken is no martini at all. Certainly there is an energy and aeration in the shaken drink that provides a cleaner colder taste.
Shaken or stirred, the choice is yours.
DRINK BELVEDERE VODKA SPECTRE 007 MARTINI & HIGHBALL, AND WIN EXCLUSIVE SONY PRIZES!
Enjoy a glass of Belvedere 007TM Martini or Belvedere Double O at the participating outlets listed below from 1st October to 31st December 2015 and stand a chance to win exclusive SONY prizes worth up to RM 25,995!
• Grand Prize: Sony Entertainment System (55’ BRAVIA 4K TV + Sony Home Theatre System) worth RM16,798• 1st Prize: SONY 49" X Series Bravia 4k LED Backlight worth RM4,999
• 2nd Prize: SONY Xperia Z3+ Dual worth RM2,599
• 3rd Prize: SONY Xperia M3 dual worth RM1,599
1. Onesixfive (Intercontinental Hotel KL)
2. Bentley's Pub (Intercontinental Hotel KL)
3. Luna Bar (Pacific Regency KL)
4. Sutraa Kitchen & Bar (Changkat Bukit Bintang)
5. Public House (Changkat Bukit Bintang)
6. Rock Bottom (Changkat Bukit Bintang)
7. WhyNot (Changkat Bukit Bintang)
8. Six Bar (Bangsar)
9. The Piggy Tail (Bangsar)
10. Sky Bar (Traders Hotel KL) …and more!
- Each martini/cocktail ordered comes with a lucky draw card for guest to fill in their details on the card.
- Cards need to be clipped with their purchase receipt; any lucky draw cards without prove of purchase will be disqualified.
- Participation for lucky draw ends on 31st December 2015; winners will be announced after the promotional period (from January 2016 onwards).
- Price for martini/cocktail may vary from one outlet to another.